CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

lockdown ! Never assume it won't happen here !

ever get that feeling when your heart goes in your throat and it won't go away until you know everything will be o.k. That happened today when my daughter calls and says she can't come home because her school is in lock down. Naturally all kinds of movie senarios start going through my head. And even though the only info I have is there was a shooting by the school and the suspect is on the loose, I have to go to the school and get Lindz myself so I know she is alright. Apparently every other parent had the same idea. after an hour of concern and frustration I finally have confirmation that she is alright ! As I was looking for her I realized I didn't even know what she was wearing or recall if I told I loved her before she left this morning. Did she know ? Did she feel safe ? Thankfully the school knew what to do and how to keep the students safe. But I was a little more relieved than usual when everyone was home safe, And then I enjoyed a nice big diet coke !

0 comments: