CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 8, 2010

sorry Celeste...but i love this pic....so sweet !
dad with the Grand kids... at the Best place in town !

Rachel with Grandpa

We were lucky to have Aunt Joan and
her family join us for dad's 60th !


Dad with... you guessed it. German Chocolate cake !
Is there any other kind? I think Not !


The local bakery working hard
to bring the finest cake for dad !


Lindsay and Ben
what beautiful faces ! :)


Dad and Ben..treking up the
mountain

ok...this is on the edge of the cliff
so having Bryan and Rachel up there
made me nervous.... but they had fun !
dad and rachel taking a break...phew !


are we done yet...lol !


this is the result of hiking and sweating all day !
dont i look amazing.... NOT !!! LOL !

Father and son !
Gotta love the plaid !


dad and all the grand kids !
i am amazed how great all the kids did
getting to the cave ! They did
awesome !
dad and his girls... its amazing im still breathing.
and im pretty sure Celeste doesnt sweat...LOL
She always looks great !

my little family !


Ben and vanessa chillin together !

me and my kids..they all left me in the
dust... but they didnt complain once.
I'm pretty they are part mountain goat..
just like thier dad !

What good looking kids !
but I'm not biased......


the view from the trail...
that little white dot is my house...
LOL !

seriously...whats with the rock climbing ?

so happy !

at least these rocks are on the cliff...
I feel a little better...lol
Bryan...leader of the pack !
where is everyone ?

what a handsome guy !

Joel And Celeste.. Good thing he was there
to keep the tunnel from falling on her ! LOL !

Joel, vanessa and Lindsay....

me and my honey...

dad and us girls !
We had such an amazing time with dad, Celeste, Joel, Eric, Vanessa, Colton, David and my family. I never knew you could pack so much fun in just a couple of days. But we did. On dad's actual 60th birthday we went to Timpanogas cave. who knew that could be so much fun. I was a little worried about the kids, but they left me in the dust... and never complained once the whole time. WHich just goes to show..never underestimate the revliance of youth !
a little timp cave info... you climb 1,092 feet in just 1.5 miles. up a steep zig zag trail. but well worth the effort ! The whole trip took about 3.5 hrs. Then we drove the alpine loop and headed to sundance. At this point my family...me feeling the worst...was exhausted ! So we went home to shower, nap and get ready for round 2. Dinner at Porters PLace.
Ended up with a a party of 18 people to help dad welcome a new decade of his life ! And it was a blast. Doesnt he look amazing for 60. I think he does. It was so wonderful to just be with family and do everything we could to make dad feel loved. I think we succeeded.
The only people we missed was Brittney and her family..who couldnt make it up and Cherie , who is in England visiting her family. But i'm sure they were with us in spirit ! This was definitely a bday that wont be forgotten. We had good food, good company, and good attitudes ! It was the best ! And we got to meet Joel and his kids... who we love ! It was great spending time with them and getting to know them better. I look forward to future visits...(sorry Celeste..Hope that isnt to embarrassing)
Anyway... I love my dad. i feel very blessed to live close enough to him to see him often and build this great relationship . We have alot of good times together ! Look forward to many more years of memories with my dad ! Love you dad ! your the best !

1 comments:

Unknown said...

nice to your little family....
:)