CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

My first bike ride....

so.... I've become a cyclist and I wasn't even planning on it. But none the less it happened. Bryan and I went to the bike shop yesterday and ended up getting me a great bike. First we spent the afternoon getting me all fitted for a helmat, biking gear and of course the bike. Then Last night Bryan taught me how to ride it..how and when to shift. How to wear a helmet etc...
I'm actually quite excited. We went out for a test run last night so i could get a feel for it and know what to do when Bryan isnt around. We went 4 miles, which was pretty good for me. Although nothing for Bryan who can bike as far as 25 miles and feel like it's a good run. But he has been cycling for about 5 yrs. So he has a bit of an advantage over me.Maybe someday I'll get there. but for now I'll stick to my 4 miles.
And so the next chapter in my weight loss and fitness adventure begins. So if you see me around town, dont honk... you might scare me and make me crash...LOL ! at least til i can get the hang of it better. :)

0 comments: