CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

lving without it !

Do you ever have one of those moments when a light comes on and you see things in a whole new light ? Oddly enough i had one of those moments when my T.V. broke and we were faced with the question, do we replace it or live without it. After weighing all the pros and cons we decided not to replace it for the sake of our family and for budgeting purposes. The T.V. that broke was in our living room. WE had a small one in my bedroom, so that got moved to Living room.
This is a big step for me, giving up my t.v. But it should be o.k. We told the kids we, as a family, watch to much t.v. anyway. They were resistance at first, but last night for the first time in a long time we sat around the table and played uno instead and everyone was getting along. It was really great. Tonight we break out Beatles monopoly. So hopefully learning to live without will be a good thing. So far it is.

1 comments:

Kikibug said...

Holy COW! I am so proud of you. I noticed how much more time we spend together since we don't have a TV in the family room anymore. I really do hate TV. The only thing I watch is AI.
I LOVE your quote on the top of your blog. That is beautiful!!!!!